1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lowes bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by timme4, Sep 6, 2007.

1. timme4

timme4 Junior Member

Has anyone done any work for lowes? we were bidding a few stores for them and i feel that we are too low and wanted to ask some questions about them.

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Ive plowed a Lowes for a couple of years. GREAT to work for. Lots of salting. They want there lot wet or dry.

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

We did one got $70 hr and $235 a ton and they paid by the week with a credit card or what they call a p card.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Mike S was that $70 an hour for all the equipment or per piece? I just put in a bid on a large parking area and they wanted an over 3" hourly rate. I said $200/hr, but that was for everything I was running. (Loader & truck).

5. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

what exactly is a p card?

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

P card !!!

Its a purchase card , usually a visa an more an more companies are paying with that method! I have done work for lowes an I was not happy with there payment arangements until they started using the P card !

7. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

We've done work for lowes and they always use their p card. easy and great to work for.

8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We just signed two lowes stores for this season. I am looking forward to servicing these sites, they are big pavement, nice and open and they both allow salt bins, very helpful logistically for other sites we service near them.