1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lowering Western Plow 60381

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wheels1, Nov 25, 2010.

1. wheels1

wheels1 Junior Member

I have a five year old Western Plow #60381 that came with a 2005 Chev. Sil 2500 truck. The plow has only been used once or twice. Everything hooks up fine and works; however, when lowering the plow it doesn't quite make sufficient contact with the ground (approx. 1" too high. The chains have slack and we have raised the shoes. There is about four inches left of travel on vertical ram. Are there adjustments that can be made? What about fluid level? How would I check that? I cannot see fluid when I twist off the gray filler cap. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks. Jim
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the pivot pins are frozen in the tubes. look at where the plow is bolted together by the stand assembly. the pivot pins have a rectangle notch with a carriage bolt through it. spray the pin were it goes into the cross tube on both sides. sometimes heat will be required.

the grey cap is a breather, not the fill. the oil fill is on the rear of the plow near the bottom of the power unit. it will be a square plug.
  3. wheels1

wheels1 Junior Member

jim wheeler

Thank you very much. Just retired and new to this. Do those pins run up and down on #60381? Would you mind if I called in case I have a question? Jim