1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lowering Push Plates on meyers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ROYALT91, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

I have a lift in my vehicle I really need to extend my push plates by a couple of inches. just wondering if anyone has done this or is going to do this. The angle of my blade is causing it to definetly trip easier no matter how tight my springs are. in fact my push plates almost seem bent back. I was just going to cut of the plate part and reweld a longer bracket. but was concerned of how strong it might be so if anyone has any info let me know

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

What truck you have it on? some models have longer brackets.

3. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

I would take the lift kit off for the winter.

4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I raised the connector tabs on the
    a frame on mine. You could have a strength problem if you mess with the mounting bracket.

5. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

A Frame

I E-mailed Meyer they said to Do what you said in raising the A frame But to me it still seems that the energy is focused high on the mount of the vehicle. Its definetly easier doing it this way. I will try it tomorrow let you know

6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Push plates :jester: hehe

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Like I said, I raised the tabs, and I hook up the tabs on the top holes on the mount plate, and where the tabs are mounted on the plate, is where the energy would be, or the most force. When you raise the tabs, you have to mount in the top holes, because the Aframe will drag on speed bumbs etc. if you don't. The other problem you run into with a truck with a lift, is that the entire blade won't touch the ground when angle'd. When you raise the tabs, it solves this problem also. Hope I have helped you at least a little bit.

8. biggtruck

biggtruck Junior Member

I had the same problem and just fixed mine a week ago. I cut the tabs/ears whatever off the back of the a frame,my a frame needed to drop 2in so I cut a piece of 2x3 1/4 in wall boxtubing and set it on top of the a frame and welded it across the front and back then re welded the tabs on top of that,with triangular gussets for support. It's bullet proof. Camera on the fritz sorry I can't show you, it's trick.

9. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If you extend the A frame and not lower the push beam, this will make the A frame the weak link and that is better than making the push beam the weak link. IMO.

10. biggtruck

biggtruck Junior Member

I think we are saying the same thing. What is a "push beam"???

11. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes we are, sorry. Timing thing. The push beam is the cross member connected to the frame supports. And your A frame would connect to it. I'm a Blizzard man so things may be different. :rolleyes:

12. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

I would still take off the lift kit. That would straighten out your u-joints to. Which I'm sure will help them last longer.