1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lower quadrant

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DJ Contracting, Jan 14, 2010.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well I had to do some repairs today (Western Un-mount) and well lets just say I will be looking for a lower quadrant (a-Frame) in the spring. I didn't take any pictures however I had to replace the pivot bolt and weld the hole closed (oblong and broke), then replaced the bolt I'll take it apart in the spring and see if it's salvageable or not.
  2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

How old is the Uni? This is fairly common after years of use. We've had similar problems with the same exact thing many times thru the years. We actually re-inforce them pretty well (usually in the off season before they break) to try to hold off the inevitable. There are a few threads here about repair, maybe even some about beefing them up. Good Luck.