1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lower/flot question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Nov 19, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

When I push the joystick forward to lower the blade it drops straight to the ground. The only way to stop it is to pull the joystick back momentarly to the raise position. Is this how it's suppose to work or should I have to hold the joystick till the plow lowers to the ground?

2. DaySpring Services

can anyone help me out?

3. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Not exactly sure what you mean. If you think it's too fast, there's a knob on the back side of the manifold that adjusts the lower speed. It's not in a good position to get to - between all of the hoses. Only minor adjustments will made a big difference.

If it's the controller you're asking about, it's supposed to stay at lower/float (it's not a momentary switch in that direction). Bringing the stick to the middle position, should stop it a where ever it is.

4. DaySpring Services

Im not talking about drop speed, just the fact that if I even tap the joystick to the float position the blade will drop all the way to the ground. The only way to Float the blade is to pull the joystick back to raise enough to activate the pump, then the blade stops.

5. PAfarmer

PAfarmer Junior Member

Yes, that's the way it's supposed to work. I had the same question, and you can find that thread back a page or so.
    The first time it happened to me, I was driving back from the dealer. Slow the drop speed down, and it will take a little getting used to.

6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

"Floating" allows the blade to follow the contours of the ground. Float will drop the blade, and allow it to drop lower if possible as you go over lower ground.

Putting it to float, then raising it quickly takes it out of float mode and then the blade wont drop any lower as you go over lower ground.

7. DaySpring Services

Thanks guys,especially PAfarmer I think that answered my question. I thought as soon as I let go of the joystick the blade would stop lowering. Guess its working ok!!