1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lowballers failing left and right!!! YES!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NW Snow Removal, Jan 12, 2010.

1. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

We have a large client with 100s of locations. Last year we had about 55 of them and this year We only had about 40 of them and the lowballer that stole one section from us is not fulfilling his duties as they would like. So we get our locations back from last year, and they are gonna go with us for more of their properties next year to avoid other headaches too. All it takes is for 3 inches or more to fall between 5-8 am and the slowballers will get separated from the true speedy professionals. Then a new client called with 4 locations that said our price was too high preseason, but now she wants to fire her lowballer and hire us. Now, more snow. Drivers that are sitting the sidelines are gonna be very happy.

2. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

Good to hear!! payup

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Gotta love it!

4. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Congratulations!!

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I always told my customers that told me I was outbid to give me a call when the cheap guy couln't cut it......most of the time they did;)

6. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

WHOA....wait a minute, fella. Are you trying to say that this new breed of snow professionals that are so efficient they can get it done for 50% less...can't??

(cue dramatic Perry Mason courtroom music)

:laughing:

7. Good to hear NW, Sometime it takes people a while to figure it out that quality work and consistent servicing costs a bit more.

Same thing happens here. A lot of these Lowballers are part timers with other jobs.
    When you get a major storm they can't out. Last big storm here was a lot of wet lake effect snow. When you look on Google maps and put in snow removal and my area I'm the only website that comes up.

I got 10-12 calls from people, Basically the same story "My Guy" Hasn't been and I need to get to work.

A few wanted me to drop everything and plow them out. I loved the one who had a 600ft-700ft driveway with 2ft drifting. Said he normally pays "His Guy" charges him $20... I just said Sorry. I charge $75 for something like that (Non-Customer/ Middle of a Storm/ 15 minute drive away) He said that's crazy..... Called me back 1/2 hour later.. I happened to be 2 minutes away when he called. Signed him for the rest of the season.. Turns out "His Guy" was a 14 year old kid with a ATV and a 4ft plow. We get lots of firemen here too. If they're on a 12 hour shift it can be snowing 16-20hours by the time they take care of their customers, By then, The Snow Bear on the 1/2 ton just won't cut it.:laughing:

I don't have a single driveway under 700 ft and my customers are ALWAYs done before everyone else around here..

8. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i just picked up some apartments during the last storm, the guy they went with charged for the season what it should have cost per month. the owner paid them upfront for the season and they never showed one time, dont even answer the phone.

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Glad to hear the good news NW! I think that we all knew that the lowballers would eventually fall on there faces, and the accounts they stolen from us would call sooner rather than later.

10. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Interestingly, I heard a rumor that there are big box stores out here who have secure services for <$5K/month...with salt. I wish I knew details--would love to see this "tier 1" service.

That is just sad..

11. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Good for you NW! Unfortunately the lowballers will be back next season though.

12. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Speedy professionals??

I don't call it speedy when you're plowing fast food establishments at 11 am which is well after the moring rush and minutes away from the lunch rush.

13. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

BTW...congrats!

14. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

:popcorn::popcorn: