1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LHlandscaping, Jan 28, 2005.

1. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping Junior Member

I went to plow Saturday at a lot I've had for the past year only to discover that it was already done. To make a long story short some guy comes and plows the lot without asking. Then on monday tells the owner not only will he plow my $40 lot for $20 but he will also haul the snow away for an additional $20.00!!! I got ahold of the guy and asked him if he wanted to sub-contract with me for $25.00/hr and he liked the idea. I called my attorney and asked him to draw a contract up and he told me ask for proof of liability insurance. When I called lowballer back he had none, big shock there!! So I guess this indentured servitude will not happen. He has no interest in purchasing liability insurance. This makes Bill rather unhappy. I lost an account and more importantly my indentured servant whom is rightfully mine. Sorry, just had to vent.
  2. rtlawn

rtlawn Junior Member

Low ballers

:angel: WOW I wouldn't drop the blade on my plow for under $75.00. I will sit in the house and play with my old lady first. Just give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. It is to risky to go without ins.

DERBYDON Member

You guys in the snow belt or killing each other up there!

I should be thankful it doesn't snow all the time around here, because when it does snow, we are in demand - and there aren't enough of us in the city for anyone to feel the need to go cutthroat like you're describing....

Although, we had a 18" in December, and the next week I saw at least 3 newbies in at the local dealership buying plows (I was picking up parts).

They may be feeling kind of stupid since we've gone 0fer the month of January.

That's snow business below the snowbelt for you! Maybe if it goes a little bit longer I can buy their plows cheap. Always working an angle.

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

LMAO. :cool:
  5. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

HUmmmm,,,,never thought of that approach before....just go plow a bunch of places and then send them a bill ( cheap ) Heck why not.... most of the places have not even been touched when we are done and ready for clean ups LOL ....suckers :eek:

O'ly crud.... are we going to have to post a guard at our properties now ?? :cry:
  6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

rtlawn, your saying that if you have 4 houses next door to each other in a subdivision, that you charge $75 per 30' driveway?
  7. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I had someone plow 2 of my accounts the other day for free my accounts called me back the next day asking for me back :)

It was nice of them to plow for me and to give me an out when there is grass damage since they didn't know the driveway :nono:

One pays $30 and the other pays $50 per push then one more right up the road for $50 boy do I love snow payup