1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lowballer steals PITA customer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Green Feet, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Green Feet

Green Feet Member

I have had a customer that constantly calls and wants me to wait while they move cars. Well they called and had someone give them a price of $150 including tax for unlimited trips. They said that if I could match it, they would stay with me. I told them good luck with their new snow plow. Good luck with them Brickler from Hilton. lmao:laughing:
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

The Bricklers won't wait for them, they've been in this business forever, I'm pretty sure there dad & uncle started years ago, I believe there is now 3rd generation plowing. I know they can be cheap they've beat us out on Lakshore Fire Districts stuff a couple times, they must make there money somewhere though....they're still around.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  3. G-chop

G-chop Junior Member

$150 for anything is ridiculous!
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Our residental market runs from $ 145-225 for the entire season (avg 22 trips). However if done correctly the margins can be 4 (or more) times the commercial market here.
  5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

OUCH! And I though my market was bad!
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

At that price, you'd make more working at MickyD's flipping burgers.
  7. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Send them both a "Thank You" card.
  8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I just talked to a friend that does more residentials than I do, last season he averaged $ 130/hr on his residentials. Commercial pricing I have heard anywhere from $ 45-85/hr. We do average a good bit of hours though.
  9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Dang. MickeyD must really pay well out there then. payup