1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low tire pressure warning

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by drivewaydoctor, Nov 18, 2014.

1. hey guys

Yesterday I got a nail in my rear tire and had to make an emergency stop at a tire shop and have a plug put in. Now although my trucks computer reads the tire as the same tire pressure as the other tires it's still saying its low pressure even tho it's not. The binging is annoying.

Any idea why this is?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

It takes time for it to turn off. When I had my tires rotated (different pressure front to back) it chimed for awhile too. Eventually it will turn itself off.

3. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

I know in my 2012 Ram 2500 Depending on which way you have the switch set (light or max load) it checks for certain pressures. I know the front and back have different PSI/pressure requirements for the sensors so you have to check your door plate/sticker for correct pressure if it is a heavy duty ram, also like stated above it does take a little bit of time to re-calibrate.