1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Low spill" Couplers

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dlcs, Dec 1, 2009.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Why does meyer recomend the low spill couplers to use on the E-58 unit? I replaced my E-60 with the E-58 a couple of years ago and the "low spill" couplers came with it, I asked about using the standard couplers like on my E-60 and their response was Meyer recomends these with the E-58 units. WHY? I find myself replacing them often cause they end up leaking at the threaded coupler/hose connection. Can I use the regular couplers, what kind of adapters do i need to do this.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You don't HAVE to use the low spills. Just need a couple SAE-6 to 1/4" male pipe adapter fittings. A local hydraulic shop would be a good place to start.

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Ok, I thought there was some special reason that Meyer went to these new couplers. Thanks

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

To make more money, What else.