1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low riding plow? Have pics!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cti531, Nov 4, 2010.

1. cti531

cti531 Member

Please take a look at let me know if anything looks out of place. As you can see, when the plow is in the raised position for driving, I have just shy of 3" of clearance. When the blade is down in plowing position, I gain another inch. Is this normal???

I already have Timbrens installed. This is on a 2006 Chevy 2500HD extended cab. It just seems so damn low, so I don't know if this is normal or not.

The pics are located in the following thread (post#13):

2. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

Crank up you torsoin bars, my truck looked the same when I had the plow installed.
  3. cti531

cti531 Member

Thanks Andy...I do plan on cranking up the torsion bars however my truck doesn't actually sag that bad since I put the Timbrens on. I was hoping that someone with a Western Ultramount plow could tell me how far from the ground their plow sits. I just want to know what "normal" clearance is and/or if this looks like something isn't installed right that is making it sit so low. Or is this how they all sit?
  4. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

I run an ultramount on my 09 and I'll hook up the plow tomorrow and measure it.I'll let you know what I find.
  5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I don't have a chevy but that doesn't look right to me. It loooks like the plow hangs under the recievers, I think the plow is configured wrong for your truck. I would bring ti back when the normal guy who does the installs is back.
  6. 01lariat

01lariat Member

I believe your plow isn't configured correctly. There is 4 configurations and it looks as if your set at 3 which has them plates your measuring to flipped down like they are. I'd guess for a low rider Chevy truck Position 1-2 would probably be about right flipping the flat side of them plates down towards the pavement and placing the pivot pin in the correct hole.. Measure the height of the top of your receiver to know for sure and configure accordingly. There is more to it than just that, so follow Westerns instructions to fine tune it.. That should cure your situation.
  7. cti531

cti531 Member

Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone who contributed. I took it back to the dealer and mentioned some of the things you guys said. Sure enough, it was the wrong configuration and they fixed it. Went from having 3" of clearance to just over 6". Thanks again!