1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low Profile Roof Top Light

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Frozen001, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I am looking for a low profile roof top warning light. I want a mag-mount so I can take it off in the summer. I don't have much clearance to get in the garage. Max height would be 5". That will give me maybe 1/2" clearance on the door. I would to hide-a-ways, but just do not have the time this year to install them.

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

3. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  4. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I agree with what skidooer said, about Tac2. I run a Min Liberty LED with the linear LEDS, it's a mag. mount, great light for me. Very low profile, yet very visible in both daylight and at night, not to mention the low current draw.

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Able 2 SHO-ME Luminator LED Mini Lightbar

This is the Luminator LED Mini Lightbar from Able 2/SHO-ME. It is loaded with "State-of-the-Art" features. The 24 Super Bright LEDs are surrounded by Total Internal Reflection Optics reflectors, and Wide-Angle diffusing lenses disperse the light providing 360° of visible light.

The Low-Profile housing and Aerodynamic UV-resistant Lexan dome reduce wind resistance for improved fuel efficiency. The Solid-State LED flasher includes 12 user selectable flash patterns.

An ambient light sensor automatically reduces LED light intensity at night.

Available as a permanent or magnetic mount.

Features:
    24 Super Bright LEDs
    Total Internal Reflection Optics Reflectors
    Wide-Angle Diffusing Lenses
    12 user selectable flash patterns
    Ambient light sensor automatically reduces LED light intensity
    Low-Profile housing
    Aerodynamic UV-resistant Lexan Dome
    Permanent Mount includes 12 foot power cable and hardware
    Magnetic Mount includes 12 foot power cable, cigar plug with power and pattern switches, and 4-90lb magnets

Specifications:
    Volts: 12 VDC
    Current: 6 Amps
    Size (Permanent): 2 1/4" H x 17 1/4" W x 9 1/8" D.
    Size (Magnetic): 3 1/4" H x 17 1/4" W x 9 1/8" D.

2 Year Able 2 Warranty

Use of a magnetic mount on vehicle in motion will violate warranty.
    Neither SIRENNET or the manufacture recommend use of magnetic mount on a vehicle in motion

sirennet_2017_3028048.jpg

6. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmvdnyBf9K8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmvdnyBf9K8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

nova makes a great little one, basically two amber strobelights in a clear cased lightbar. cigarette plug and 2 strong magnets. Great light. awdirect.com has it or look for nova strobes on line

8. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree on the responder lp

10. Mike - Tac 2

Mike - Tac 2 Member

Both the Responder LP and the Sound Off Mini LED3 are excellent choices. I think the Sound Off will provide some better critical angle coverage.

11. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Thats ot teh mini able 2 mini bar is it? It looks atlot longer!.

I what that one now....:redbouncexysport

12. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yeah there called able 2 led "stretch" bars .... about $50 dollars more then the smallest one

13. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have a show me mini led on my truck. Here is a pic, but you can hardly see it. It is short though,

bar4321.jpg

14. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i liek this one....how much do they normally go for?...i see it's also mag mount...that's what i liek about it...i can;t have a full size becasue i need to be able to remove it...