1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low Profile Dump Trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NASConst_land, Oct 20, 2006.

1. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

Looking at buying a low profile dump truck F-800 with 10' Blade. I have heard some cities and schools have had problems running the low pros on the streets for plowing, poor control i guess, and was wondering if anyone has a low pro dump.

We plow no roads just wide open retail centers and general stores. So i cant see where we would have a problem with this type of truck, especially if we have salt in the back of it. What do u guys think?

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

what do you mean with low profile?

If you mean just a single axle, then they plow great.

F550 is the biggest of the smaller chassis, plow great with a dump box.

Last 2 years there has been an influx of F650s/Kodiaks/etc... and they are plowing awsome. Cant wait to get a kodiak with a pickup box

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the low profile trucks usually have smaller tires and sit lower than a convional truck. i am not sure if the suspension is lower or not. i have never seen a low profile truck with a plow on it so i have no idea how they will plow. one thing is, in all my searching around on trucktrader i never have seen a low profile truck with a plow so that would make me alittle iffy.

4. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

For awhile there that is all our city ran was the low sided dumps F-700 and F-800 now they just baught all brand new trucks. From the guys i knew from the city that plowed, they said at higher speeds they had poor control of the truck i dont know why, but to me it doesnt make sense i mean on roads i can see picking up speed but in parking lots your not going to be doing 25 mph.