1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low Fuel Pressure

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jmac5058, Feb 15, 2016.

1. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Minus 13 Sunday morning, had added power service (White for winter ) the night before , no block heater. Started right up dropped a cylinder for a fue seconds and cleared right up then warmed up like normal . Started driving and in 2 miles or less low fuel pressure came on turned around to go home and reduced engine power came on , by the time I got home the check engine light also came on . Later in the day the truck ran fine but now I have a check engine light on will this turn off on its own or do I need to go to a dealership to get it turned off ? Its a 2013 6.7 .

2. 04fordf350

04fordf350 Junior Member
    from RI

Don't use power service fuel additives on the 6.7 PSD. I did the same thing last year and and I was always getting low pressure. Had to change the fuel filters and never had the problem again, and I also changed the fuel filters only 2k miles before I put the power service additive in, so the filters were not the problem. I only use the motorcraft fuel additive now. Cheap on amazon.

For a easy fix for now just drain about a quart of fuel from the filter under the truck, cycle the key a few time to prime the fuel system and you should be good for now, but you will have to change the filters. The engine light is probably a low fuel pressure error or a contaminated fuel error. I know I had to clear some errors out after I had the same problem last winter.