1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low cost option controller

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Clint S, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Well I fried my touch pad, I will not get into how I did it but just that the controller was not powering up and in trouble shooting why there was a pop from the controller and a bit of smoke. The truck is old not on the road and possible on it's last legs, but I want to plow with it this year. What is a cheap controller I can use for this plow. It has the old round 6 pine plug. Cutting and splicing is OK. Would this work
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meyer-Snow-...879&pid=100016&prg=1006&rk=4&sd=150969661508&

Thanks in advance Clint

2. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Well I feel a bit better that I didn't burn it up by something stupid I did. I was torn and decided to put a clutch in the truck. . The guy that did it accidentally unplugged the touch pad. Before I discovered it was unplugged the only thing I did was remove the wire from behind the solenoid screwed to the fender from there to the neg battery terminal. Found the thing was unplugged and plugged it in. Popped the fuse in the wire to the controller. Replaced that fuse and it lit up with the switch off. Popped the inline fuse again, but this time there was a pop from the touch pad and some smoke. I am guessing there is a wiring issue or the touch pad was toast. The plow has not been used in 2 years.

I saw this on ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meyer-Plow-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cd85aa78&vxp=mtr

Would this work. Comes with a new harness so I can just replace it all.

How does float work on these/ do you have it.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

second choice would be your best option.
    very easy to install, plug it into the pump, hook up a hot lead to the switches and the small wire to the solenoid. then wire from battery to one solenoid lug, and the other one to the pump motor.

4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

I have several sets of those switches with harness in damn nice shape. I'll sell you that for 100 shipped.

6. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Meyer or aftermarket? Maybe snap a picture. I may end up going with the slick stick a putting it right on my shifter.

7. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Meyer. I'll post a pic tomorrow. The decal on the bracket face is peeling, but works great. Switches are brand new meyer switches, control harness previously used but real nice. I may be interested in y your old harness.

8. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Still undecided on slick stick but will consider. Want to make sure it is plug and play like above links. Power at fuse box connect 3 wires at plow. 1 wire at solenoid and go.

9. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i have several slick sticks. much better than the 2 switches.

10. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Thanks to all that posted I purchased a new slick stick with wiring and solenoid for a bit over $100. Think it will be easier that the toggles to operate. Should be in tomorrow and put on the truck this weekend. With highs above freezing for the next 10 days no snow in the forecast.

11. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Well installation went like a snap with the harness and the slick stick. I also put a new motor and solenoid on and my slow lifting from last years is gone. I know see the bounce back when it is angled, but I can learn to live with it

12. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Just plowed up a quick 6 inch storm and was very happy with the slick stick. I think I may like it better than the touch pad other than the bounce back. Will check into the capacitor fix in the spring

13. csr44

csr44 Junior Member

Do you mind telling me where this came from for that price?
    Thanks

14. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

http://angelosplowparts.com/
    47.50 for the slickstick and 58.50 for the harness. I ordered a motor too. The shipping on the motor alone was like $21 and when I added the slick stick it only went to like $27.

Shipping on the slickstick and harness alone was $21 too so I either got the motor shipped for $6 or the stick shipped for $6. Even with shipping I still got the motor for $25 cheaper than I could get it locally so shipping was a wash in my book.