1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low Cab Forward Plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by blknight06, Sep 11, 2009.

1. blknight06

blknight06 Junior Member

Has anybody tried to plow with one of these? If so do you like it compared to a truck. what should I look out for if i were to get one of these? Problems? The reason I'm asking is I was looking at the superlawn trucks or similar and was wondering if anybody plowed with them and how the like or hated it. Thanks
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Search for Peterbilt

He uses them and seems to like them.
  3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Thanks Crete

I have 2 Isuzu's. Both 108" Wheel base. Both have 10ft Dump bodies. Both have 8ft Boss Poly's with Boss wings.

My guys and I love to run them. So much so that they "Will Not" run any of my other trucks for plowing.

They love the visibility, the turning and the pushing ability that they have. Even being 2wd trucks, they will push like a bulldozer. They will even push snow higher and farther back than a standard plow truck due to where the front wheels are (2.5ft Farther behind the mount)

For the most part we just kinda idle along with them. The slower we can run, the more snow we can push.

Only draw back is that they wont plow on hills all that well. So we keep them in flat lots.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009