1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

low brake pedal

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by carl b, Sep 22, 2008.

1. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

well my 94 just goes down 3/4 of the way than works great . it stops fine . could this be the master cylinder ? i just fixed the clasped line on the front right i bleed all the lines .

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Was the pedal low before you had the system open?

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

dont forget to check the rear feed line. thay rot out all the time behind the fuel tank and leak bad till full blow out.

and make sure you blead both sides in the front if the master went dry when you were fixing the 1 front line.

4. carl b

from Ohio

yes i it was

5. carl b

from Ohio

i bled all the lines. i last year replaced the rear lines with stainless steel .

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Needs the rear brakes adjusted.

Very common issue on these trucks for the self adjusters on the rear brakes to rust up and become ineffective at keeping the shoes adjusted out snug against the drums...causing excessive travel in the first 1/2 of the pedal, which is the majority of your rear brake application.

7. carl b

from Ohio

thank you i'll try it later . the best part thats free :)

8. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

My 98 ECSB Z71 has also been doing this lately. I replaced front brake pads and rotors not too many miles ago and bled all the lines. This is the first time in the three times I have replaced the front pads that my pedal has been low. I was thinking my master cylinder was going bad. I will have to check to see if the rear shoes need adjusting. I have always made it a point to back up and stop pretty hard to keep the rears adjusted. The truck has only been driven about 3,000 miles in the last two years so maybe they froze up. Another project for this week.

Wayne

9. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

My old Ford truck did this before somebody pointed me to the rear adjusters. Fixed it right up for me. Hopefully you'll have similar luck.

10. carl b

from Ohio

it worked saved me a new master . thanx

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Always does. :waving: