1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

low beem head lights dont work

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by todd myers, Nov 17, 2007.

1. todd myers

todd myers Junior Member

i just installed a 760 LT on my 2004 chev avalanche and every thing seams to be working properly but my low beems and my daytime running lights i only have hi beems on truck and plow any sugestions thanks Todd Myers:dizzy::dizzy::confused::confused:

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Your headlight adapters need some attention.

Do you have a single harness that includes plow wiring and light wiring, or 2 separate harnesses, one for plow, one for wiring, that connects to the plow wiring with a 2 wire plug? Are your adapters a 2 piece adapter per side with a rectangular type plug, or one piece adapter per side, with a round plug to the main harness

I would speculate that you have adapters that would work on a 99-02 GM vehicle, and need to flip polarity for 03 and up GM vehicle. This can be done several ways, cut and splice, remove terminals and swap positions, or if round adapter, rotate 180 degrees.

Post a pic of your adapters, or wait and see if Jerre chimes in.

3. todd myers

todd myers Junior Member

lights

its a brand new set up i have two seperate wireing harness the harnes for the lights have the two that plug in to the bulbs and then plug in to the truck headlight wires they said it was the corect harness for my truck duno have to go over the wireing again tomorow thanks again Todd Myers:confused::confused:

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

What number conversion harness do you have?

My Blizzard info says you should have 62223.

Also check for blown fuses in you underhood fuse box, there are 4 10 amp fuses.

If you've got the wrong harness, you'll blow fuses.

5. I just fixed the same problem on my blizzard on my 02 NOTE THE YEAR duramax. Jerre told me how to fix it. he said That the White wires on the plow harness have to be the common. My truck has orange as the common so i had to make the orange truck and white plow commons line up. I had to switch the light plugs (remove the wires from the plugs and switch the location on all 8 plugs...headlight adapters and "new" headlight plugs) THe whole time I had to make sure that WHITE was the common... Hope this helps, If it doesn't... call jerre

6. todd myers

todd myers Junior Member

low beems dont work

well i just got out all my papers and the the headlight conversion harness kit they sent me is part # 62224 o and my avalanche is 1500 series

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  7. todd myers

todd myers Junior Member

low beems dont work

i unpluged the plow light harness and pluged my headlight in the factury way and all works fine

8. Read my post carefully then go look at your truck..

ALL THE FACTORY LIGHT WIRES WILL HAVE ONE WIRE THAT IS THE SAME COLOR IN ALL FOUR! MINE IS ORANGE! THEREFORE, orange is the common.

On the blizzard plow harness, WHITE is the common, So you have to make sure that your trucks common (mine is orange) is lined up with you blizzard common (white).

if you have more questions call me, I can explain it
    I can also Take pics if you want

616-437-0507
    - jon

9. todd myers

todd myers Junior Member

got them working

well changed all the 8 ends lined up the white common to my brown comon they still did not work had to change the fuses they now work i guess they blew the fuses when they werent wired properly any way thanks alot guys espesuly firstclasslawn again thank you very mutch this site rocks:yow!::yow!::redbounce:redbounce

10. No problem. Glad you got it working!

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Glad you got it done, my guess, and it is only a guess, is that perhaps your dealer is only stocking one part number of the adapters as the adapters are field adaptable (ha ha) to multiple year applications. Just as an GM FYI 88-99 old body style is diff than 99-02 new body style. Then 03 to 07classic are the same as the 88-99, in my experience.