1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low beams out??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tooch420, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tooch420

tooch420 Senior Member
    from LI,NY

I was plowing through Nemo (32" here) and after about 15hrs I had switched back to truck lights for a bit then back to plow lights and my low beams went out. They are out in both plow and truck. I am stumped, Is there a fuse or relay that controls them? I replaced both low beams on truck before the storm with silverstar ultra from auto zone.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

probably,,,,always helps to say what kinda equip you have....

3. tooch420

tooch420 Senior Member
    from LI,NY

my info is in my signature... and probably what?? is there a fuse or just the relay under the hood?

thanks

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry don't see signature on my phone. And still helps to say what u got that's causing u issues
    Just b/c your info is in your signature,,,how do we know that's whats giving you issues
    So ill say. Yes there's fuses and relays under your hood

5. luv2weld

luv2weld Junior Member

Did you follow the wires back from the headlights???
    Should go to a couple of relays. I'm guessing a relay burned out.
    Happened to me. On a 2 lane road at 65 miles an hour, suddenly no headlights.
    Makes you need new underwear!! Swap one wire at a time so no mix ups.

Ralph