1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low beams on plowside won't work....unimount mvp help needed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by growitmowitlawn, Dec 5, 2010.

1. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

ok so i have blinkers, parking, and high beams. I have no low beams...I changed the low beam relay with a brand new one and got nothing. Any ideas?

Its a 2001 f250 and a unimount mvp 12 pin 2 plug......its frustrating because i have been trying to get this last truck ready to go but these lights won't cooperate.

Any help would be great.
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

check your connections to the low beams (truck). Make sure you don't have a broken wire. Or use a test light and check to see if you have voltage on the low side (plow side).
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Also this might sound weir (and it is). I ran into almost the same problem. I was having problem with the low beam. I check and clean the grill harness. Still had the problem. Now here is the weird part, I clean the terminals on the solenoid, removing all the wire itself and clean them as wee. Put it all back together and my low beams work.. Now that sound weird?