1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low Beams not working on 06 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jversagejr, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jversagejr

jversagejr Junior Member

I have a Boss 8.2 V Plow and the low beams on my 06 Dodge Ram are not working either with or without the plow. I tried unhooking the plow harness and plug direct but still no low beams. I took it to the dealer today to have them check it as I figured it was something with the high/low beam switch. After running a bunch of tests and $126.00 later the dealer said it must be something with in my plow wiring. I spoke with the mechanic who said he plugged it into the computer and there were a bunch of codes showing an overload and so the computer shut down the low beams. He checked all the connections and unhooked the plow lights reset the computer and the low beams worked. When he re-hooked the plow harness the computer threw the same codes and the low beams went out. He reset the computer and pull the in-line fuse to the battery and the low beams work.

I checked all of the relays and no of them are blown. I checked all of the connections and they all looked fine and showed no signs of deterioration. I am lost, has anyone experienced the same problem or knows what it might be?

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Is is possible that there is some sort of a short in the headlight wiring or that one of the relays is malfunctioning somehow without being blown?

3. jversagejr

jversagejr Junior Member

Thanks, I am not certain if there is a short or not. The issue started over the summer. When I would switch between low and high beams the lights would go completely out and if I hit the low/high beam switch a few times the lights would come on. That is why I thought the problem was with that switch. In regards to the relays, I pulled each of them out and tested each of them in the same socket where they all seemed to be fine. The other thing the dealer told me was one of the in-line fuses to the battery was blown. but after replacing the fuse it continued to show the same problem.