1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low beams dont work...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Oct 28, 2004.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

Boss V with smarthitch. I just installed new aftermarket headlights which I connected in the light box (on the tower) to the factory wire and plug in the same color manner.

When I have the plow lights turned on I have no low beams or markers when on the low beam setting. Turn on the highbeams and I have highs and correct markers.

Any ideas?
  2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I don't know your exact setup but I would look for a broken ground wire or a bad connection, like a scotchlok or crimp connector where the wire may be corroded or loose. My lights did this last year and I found a broken wire(inside a scotchlok connector) where the plow lights tapped off of the truck lights.
  3. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

thanks, i'll check all my connections.
  4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

You may be able to find the break by moving each wire gently and watching for the lights to come on. I'm assuming the neqw lights were made to color match to existing wires as you stated they were hooked up. It may be a connection or wire that was part of the original installation, not just what you worked on with the addition of new lights. I started from the truck headlamps and markers and worked back.
  5. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Two years ago I had a western 7.5 on a GMC 1500. I had a problem were the low beams didn't work but the parking lights did. After testing each relay I found one to be faulty. Not sure if you had relay's but that could be a problem.
  6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Scott if you haven't got your lights working yet "e-mail" me your phone number and I call you tomorrow and walk you through the wiring for your plow lights.
    :rolleyes: John.......................