1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low beams don't work please help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by zrain25, Oct 2, 2011.

1. zrain25

zrain25 Member

All the lights on the truck are fine when I hook the plow up one headlight will work on the plow if I move the wires on the connectors it will turn on and off like a bad connection. The corner lights work fine. High beams work fine it's just the low beam. It seems like it is the connector that is bad because if I play with the wires women out of them they will go on...

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm having a hard time understanding your last sentence. :confused:

Is this a new install on your truck? What kind of a truck do you have? What kind of plow do you have? How many connectors at the grill?

3. zrain25

zrain25 Member

The last sentence was sapose to say if I play with the wires comeing out of the connectors the lights will go on.

It's. 99 f350 7.3. Plow was put on 2 years ago. It's a 3 plug 8ft hd fisher. Lights worked fine until middle of one storm last year. I played with the connector and it worked fine now it's acting up agian

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

You say
    ...whcih connectors? At the grill, or the one at the problematic headlamp?

5. zrain25

zrain25 Member

The 11 pin connector at the grill

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Typical trouble spot unfortunetly. Which side is it affecting, drivers or passangers, and have you isolated which side of the connection it is, plow side or truck side?

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

sounds like the harness is damaged on the truckside. my truck had a similar issue and it was the number 2 harness.

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like its time for a new harness or repair end.

9. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

They don't do a repair end for the truckside i believe

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

They don't do repair ends for 11 pin period.

11. zrain25

zrain25 Member

So hOw do I got about repairing thing

12. zrain25

zrain25 Member

So how do I repair THIS I ment

13. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

purchase a new number two control harness. for the low price of $135

14. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe they don't anymore I know my father replaced the harness end on his 03 2500 a fews years ago

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Harnesses are 28213k (plow side) $100, or 26357 (truck side) $150.

I think everyone is jumping the gun though. It may just be a gunked up pin, or broken wire on either side of the connector. If the problem is in the boot, or it's a busted pin...it maybe time for another harness. It's been my experience that it's not always a lost cause......until it is.

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

Control harness?

17. zrain25

zrain25 Member

It's not the truck end. If I bend the wires at the connection ends the go on well the left one works 99% of the time it's the right one that is bad

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Possibly, but I don't think so. I know there wasn't one in 08 when I refurbished my plow.

19. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

sorry, it's been a long day. My plow acted up last year and it ended up being the number two harness truckside. It was fouled up and it caused the plow headlights to be messed up. I didn't realize he meant the light harness plowside

20. RepoMan207

from Maine

Cut the black sheath away about 3-4 inches behind the connector, and check the wires, if there is no sign of damage or corrosion, and it's obvious it's in the boot...then replace the harness. Make sure the pins are clean, and add die electric grease to both sides of the connector, it could be just a gunked up connection.