1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low Beam lights

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by JDT, Jan 5, 2010.

1. JDT

JDT Member

Anyone have any problems of the low beams blowing the fuses on the truck? Seems that mine is blowing the low beam fuses....I have cleaned the connections, hoping that does it and its not a module on the plow....

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Is it a new install?

3. JDT

JDT Member

No, the plow has been on the truck for 3 or 4 years. Snopro 3000.

4. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Does it pop the fuse only on plow lights?If that check the connection at plow light plug and inside the light.

5. JDT

JDT Member

Its popping the fuses on the truck side for the low beams. I have checked and cleaned connections on plow after I took it off. I have run the truck for 2 days without the plow, and the fuses have not blown....

6. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Hook up the plow and disconnect the plow lights at each light.If it doesnt pop plug in one at a time to see if it is in the light.

7. JDT

JDT Member

Update:

I ended up tracing the ground wire, cleaning it with a wire brush. I then took all the connections and cleaned the pins, and the wholes the pins go into. Then I put new electric grease on them. Seems to be working fine for now. I hope I have fixed the problem.

8. JDT

JDT Member

Ok, so I have tried everything suggested and its still popping fuses.....any idea on where to look next? Thanks for the help!

9. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

With the fuse problem give me a call 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

10. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

i had to COMPLETELY rewire the original curtis harness on my 2004 ram. instead of fuses it blew 3 front control modules at 300+ bucks each. garbage.

11. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

mine acts like its hooked up wrong my bright lights (where i have the bright light on the dash) my plow lights are the dim lights and when the bright light is off my plow lights are bright lights

any one know whats up with that? and sold times when i switch it from bright to dim it goes to just turn lights for about 5 secs then kicks the lights back on

no fuses blown and no lights out and also when i turn the plow lights on it says lamp out but every thing is working dont get it

12. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Do you know the bulb number on the factory truck light?To make sure you have the right adapter i can fax or email the print on the adapter.