1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low Beam Inop After 8' Fisher Swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Madman1, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Madman1

Madman1 Junior Member

Hey guys, been lurking for a while but I need to ask a question of the experts now...........Bought a used 8' SS Fisher that was on a 2004 Chev 2500hd and am installing it on a 2005 Chev 2500hd. I think it is what is called the "three port three connector" set up. Just got the wiring done and hooked the three connectors up to the plow (without mounting the actual plow yet) for a test and all seems to work fine except the low beam headlights. They operate fine on the truck however they don't switch over to the plow lights like the high beams do when the connectors are hooked up. What did I miss? Signals, high beams, controls everything else works fine and fuses connections etc. are OK. Do I need to mount the plow for a proper ground or something like that?

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Make sure the plugs are on the right way, those 3 port module plugs can be rotated 180 degrees which means you probably have that low beam plug upside down, they do this to accomodate both negative common and positive come headlight wiring on different year gm trucks, you'll see there's an "A" side and a "B" side to each plug.

3. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

That is what the problem is. Just pull the head light and if you can unplug the head light and turn it 180 and plug it back in and they should work

4. Madman1

Madman1 Junior Member

Hey, thanks! Do you mean the 3 connectors at the module? Do you know which one I should try 180?

5. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

It will be one with only 2 wires going to it if I remember right. It will have a A on one side and a B on the other

6. Madman1

Madman1 Junior Member

Sorry, didn't see Lone136's reply. I'll check the connectors right at the headlights, won't get to it till this weekend but will let you know! Thanks again!

7. Madman1

Madman1 Junior Member

You were right on!

Thanks fellas, you were right on the money! Switched the low beam connectors 180deg and all is well. I owe you guys a beverage!