1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

low beam headlights problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NHresident, Dec 21, 2008.

1. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Hi
    I have a 97 GM 3500 gas with a MM1 with a Instaact 2 plug.I just got it all installed with the help of a buddy about a week ago.The one problem I have is that the plow headlights are real dim/browning out (both sides) yet the high beams are the correct brightness,ALSO the high beam notification bulb on the dash is a little illuminated even when the plow high beams are not on AND the plow headlights come on even when I have the trks headlight switch in the PARKING lights position only.One last thing when we did the install we did not hook up the pink DRL wire.I was told it's not important as long as plow DRL didn't matter to me.Help/opinons ??? ALL the other lights and functions work as they should
    Thanks

2. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

If you have the relay system replace both relays. I had the same problem with no low beams i replaced those and it fixed the problem. If that doesn't work check your wiring for corrosion.