1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

low ballers new low.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by nms0219, Oct 21, 2007.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Well today I got a flyer on my front door. Nice flyer with a spot where they write the quote. I could not beleive the quote per plow was $8.00:dizzy: Season price was $165:dizzy: my driveway is 115' long by 14' wide. Said part is that the flyer came from a known landscape company. Wow is all I can say. Thanks Nick

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that's pretty cheap.. i think i would give them a call to do some sub work for you. i'd probably have them do the drive too.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Problem is that I signed several of their customers from last season this year because they did not show up half the time. And I have seen what work he does do and WOW is all I can say.

4. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

$8.00 per plow he might as well do it for free:nono:

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

im sure there is a catch. that is the suck you in number. i think you should call them and test it.
    you could also have some fun with it and ask him if he will plow it for six dollars.

6. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

call them and tell them if he comes out and does it for free the first time and its a good job you will hire him for $6.00 and some cookies each time:drinkup:

7. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

WOW!!!!! I didn't realize the market was that bad in NY.:rolleyes: You should call him and tell him that another company said they would pay you $8 if you let them do it!

8. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

hrmmm maybe hes messing with you, walked by the plow tarped up in the driveway and thinks he'll discourage you from working by giving you a super cheap price

the clients you picked up...did you ever ask what they were payin with him?

9. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Send him my way. I hate plowing snow. He can do my house. :)

10. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

Hire him as a sub, then double your route $$$$$$$$

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

"we fix $8 plowings!"

Your flyer could be what I wrote above! Agreed that you should try to get these clowns to sub for you.