1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Low-Baller Deluxe,... My very first plow!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I just found something laying out in the woods that I haven't seen in over 30 years... my very first plow !!! I remember I bought an oxy-acet torch set right out of high school, and I had one of the very first 3-wheelers that came out (before there were any 4-wheelers), and I sliced an old barrel down length-wise,... and waalaaahh !!! Complete snow plow!! Check it out,... extra-long cutting edge... built-in wings... (Then them Blizzard boys came by & stole & developed all my great ideas,... :D :D )

A.JPG

2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I gas-welded some type of bracket on the back of this... & built some kind of U-frame that went around the front tire & hinged on the foot pegs of the 3-wheeler, but can't remember exactly what I did to lift it.. I don't think it lifted more than a few inches,... but at least the thing didn't weigh 998 lbs.... :D :rolleyes:

B.JPG

3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

How long would it take to plow out Wal-Mart with this high-tech set-up?? I had forgotten all about this... payup payup payup

C.JPG

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

you know if you would of used fuild film before putting in in the woods, it would still be like new :p :nod:

5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

That was some pretty good run whatcha brung engineering using the barrel cut down there boss. I like it. Needs a cutting edge and today you can lift it with the winch on the 4 wheeler.

I bet you could sell those on ebay...lol

payup

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats pretty cool. Do you have a plow for your quad?

7. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Nope, no plow for the quad,... I've killed a couple over the years plowing with them... we get too much snow here for these things,... you just wind up abusing them. But, if that's all ya got, it beats the heck out of nothin.....

8. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

wow that little thing is crazy...if u really used it to plow(which im not saying it did, just cant tell if ur jokin or not) than howd it do on the 3wheeler....and what kind...i just sold my two honda 200S, AND honda 350sx...the 200s whas fun around the yard but sucked on any trails or real hard riddin the the 350 was just insane

9. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

That looks like my first plow i built for my cub cadet lawn mower.