1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loving the VEE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LB Landscaping, Dec 9, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey all just wanted to say thanks to everyone who steered me towards a V-plow. Got to use it this weekend quite a bit and I love it. She works great, the scoop position is awsome and the V makes short work of huge bankings. It IS faster than a straight blade and it can stack snow better than I thought too. Looking forward to the next storm!!!!payup payup

2. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Me too. Which one do you have?

I have the Western MVP. I haven't plowed with it yet cause I didn't get it and get it installed in time.

I notice the wings do not swing in unison as closely as i would like. Sometimes one side gets to the stop well before the other.

Also... It would have been nice if when you go into straight mode it would make the blades straight.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Got a Fisher, the local dealer is about 5 mins from my house and I have always had good luck with my fishers. Good idea about straight mode though, I'd love to see that!!! Good luck with the MVP!!!!

4. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I love my MVP. I went to it from a 7 1/2' straight and it saved me probably 33% time. A lot that took me 1 hr to do last year I can do in about 40 minutes. I can also stack snow higher than the roof of my truck. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT:redbounce

5. Sidebuz

Sidebuz Member

I plowed a little last week. Had a Meyer 8 1/2 poly striaght blade, now have 8'2" Boss poly-V. Saved %30 timewise, easily. I was amazed at the time savings with the scoop. I keeped saying to myself, "Why didn't I buy this three years ago when I started?"