1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loving the new truck

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by lawnboy2121, Jul 26, 2015.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Just turned 1900 miles on it and so far it's been great a very big step up from the old ford

image.jpg

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Nice looking truck! Why'd you jump ship from Ford?

3. lawnboy2121

I have owned ford for 27 yrs and still own them but I liked the looks of the new ram better. I think the interior of the ram was also nicer . Ford interiors r more truck like and I wanted a little more carlike comfy interior it will plow but it is a family truck also . I also was sick of putting my wiper arms back on when they fall off in the middle of plowing . I know that's minor but annoying

4. lawnboy2121

There will be a 9.6 fisher v going on it next month

5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That plow will look good on that truck.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Not a RAM guy by a long shot but that is a sharp looking rim, SS Vee?

Side note, Ram buying 300,000 units for bad steering issues, never heard of the problems.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Nice ride Thumbs Up

as for 1od,,,, The company announced three recalls on Friday. It wants to inspect the trucks and says only 453,000 will likely need repairs. not a buyback they will not be buying
    what amounts to a east fix.(Chrysler said Friday in a statement that it knows of six crashes and two injuries involving the 2008 to 2012 Ram 2500 and 3500 trucks that are being recalled, and one crash with no injuries from the other recalled models.)

it happens at low speeds when the steering is turned all the way to the stops and then it binds, the improperly installed tie-rod then snaps off.

The trucks are being recalled because tie-rod ends in the steering system may have been installed improperly, which Chrysler says stemmed from technicians misinterpreting instructions. Those tie-rods could be out of alignment, which Chrysler says can lead to steering failures.

yes, some suv's will be bought back as its not easy to fix the location of the fuel tank.

the tie rod end for the 2500 & 3500
    years 07-08.... and even then it was only on some of them as they have notified all owners, (years ago).

for a a list and descriptions of the recalls and what vehicles are involved,
    a recall doesn't mean a buy back all of the time....

http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/daimler_chrysler/dodge_ram1500.htm

(yes the link says 1500, but all of the vehicles involved from jeeps, suv to trucks of all sizes are listed.

ps i clicked on the ford recalls and it looks just as bad as Chrysler.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Not to derail this thread, but Google Ram buy back... its up to a half million trucks now

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yes, you and chicken little.
    "are using "buy back" "only a few older jeeps will actually be bought back, the rest will be fixed.

you, fox news, and the press all are sensationalist.
    if you can read you 2 wood kno thay itats just not as correct of a statement .

:)

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Furd should have been forced to buyback 99% of the POS 6.0s. You know, because that mystery downshift going 45 MPH to 2nd gear in the snow wasn't dangerous at all. Knowing what I do now, I would\should have made a much bigger deal about it back when it happened.

GM should be forced to buyback all the cars with faulty ignition switches--120 deaths.

Chrysler is being forced to buyback trucks that have had far fewer issues?

My kid had a Grand Cherokee with that deadly gas tank. He was rear ended by a full size pickup going 55-60 MPH, the other kid never touched his brakes. It didn't start on fire and I don't think it even leaked any.

BTW, back on topic, just flipped 24K on my Ram and I'm loving it as well.

11. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck. I'm not a dodge guy but it does look sharp.

12. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Beautiful Truck! Congrats!

13. lawnboy2121

Thanks I am going to put a 2" leveling kit on it and then a stainless 9.6 fisher xv2 on it

14. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck!

15. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I'm about to hang my 9'2 boss v on the front of my 2012 Ram...if my steering hasn't failed me yet....it should this winter!!!!

16. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Nice truck!

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

8611 LoPro on my 2014. I added airbags but it rides beautifully without them.

18. hellion

hellion Member

Good taste in trucks. I too came to the dark side from long term Ford ownership. Glad to extract myself from 6.0 nightmare as Mark posted. My 3500 srw gasser performed as well as I had hoped for. I'm sure you will be satisfied with your choice. BTW it handles the Boss 9.2 trip edge with wings very well.

19. lawnboy2121

Thanks I am more than happy so far with it . We went on a trip with it a few weeks ago and it did 16.8 mpg with mixed driving don't think that's bad for a gas with 4.10s

20. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

I am happy with mine although I haven't used it much over the past couple months. Just about to hit 1000 miles. 2015 Ram 3500 6.4L Hemi Reg Cab SLT 4x4. Most likely another Boss V plow with either a new salt dogg or a used Boss VBX spreader.

Michael