1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lovely ice in Illinois

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mowman62531, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Well we are getting some lovely ice here in Rochester, Illinois. Guess we might get to spread a little ice melt later on!
  2. snowpushn420

snowpushn420 Junior Member

Yeah, Ice and now sleet.. Side roads are plenty slick
  3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

First snow/sleet/rain/sleet/flurries for me all day Sat. Terrible snow removal work. Our front mount blowers did nothing, the skids, without chains just spun, the guys could walk right over the sidewalks without breaking though which meant not even the walk behind snow blowers worked.

The only thing that seemed to work good were the plows. I added some weight this year and all the Chevy's did well for as much ice, slush, mixture bs we had.

Went through 2000 pounds of ice melt today for a few biz's, churches, ect that we do and that didn't do much as of yet. Tomorrows temps is to be 30 - 35 so i hope that helps!
  4. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Right now it is doing nothing here in NH. I hope we dont get ice, that is when more time is wasted pulling trucks out of the ditch.
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

We were out for 18 hours and spread about 3000 pounds of salt and scraped everything off. Everything worked out ok just took forever to get it done!:jester: