1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Love those "official" snow totals..

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grandview, Feb 8, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The Buffalo airport is the official weather site and when we had all that snow the "official"snow total was .07 inches. I live 1 mile from there and we only had 6 inches and some of my lots had 16 inches in them. So from what they said we had, I shouldn't of been plowing for the last 4 days,oh well. It started to snow again back out tonight. :D

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

The totals on the news are off. I know some channels were saying hamburg got a foot. At the end of Sunday night when the snow finally stopped I could only see about 4-5 inches of my 4 foot stakes.

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

so how are you guys going to charge your customers? 6" or 16"?

4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Yes news never gets it.I know we got 6-7 here in Indy news says 5.2 bunch of crap

RCGM
    Brad

5. grandview

All seasonal for me so it don't matter,besides to much paper work to figure out that's why I like seasonal contracts.

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

FYI- if your still awake watch Channel 4 news at 11 tonite. They said something @ 6pm about the way snowplowing customers were complaining about the slow service or lack of it. If i'm awake I'll post whats said.

I guess we all need to buy 200 trucks and keep them right in the customers driveways.

7. grandview

I like channel 4 whatever he says i do the opposite:D .

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

So what did the news report say?

9. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I am looking forward to next year.There were so many new lowballers out this year horrible winter. I am going to buy a extra truck and get me some new accounts that these lowballers jacked all up I have never seen so many rookie strips and snow piled in the middle of parking lots that should be pushed out to ends of the lots.There are alot of unhappy business owners in my area.Going to be a good year to get new contracts.

RCGM
    Brad

10. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

The news never gets it right. Nor does noaa 716-565-0802 ext. 2 wow is all I have to say :dizzy: By the way what did channel 4 have to say? Got to love their investigative reports. I like how the news always groups all snow plowers together. It just seams like every year they have at-least one story on how bad snow plowers are.