1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Love the old Toyota

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Mdirrigation, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Been cleaning up the yard during this warm spell , I had 1 truck left to get ready to plow, Sitting in the woods was my 1986 toyota , I havent started it since last year when I parked it after the snow season. I threw the battery back in it , started cranking and it fired right up.
  2. lawlopez

lawlopez Member

I had a '86 turbo.
    It was a great truck.

I currently have a '93 with 200k on it's
    second engine and a '00 with about 80k on it.

The '93 is slower but it's so good plowing.
  3. leaves and lawns

leaves and lawns Junior Member

i am on my 4th toyota truck all went past 300.000 miles. got to love them :)
  4. lawlopez

lawlopez Member

I just had new brakes put in and
    a mess of minor things just to bring it
    up to snuff.

I probably need shocks but what
    I really need to do is raise it a couple
    of inches so the plow clears properly.

It works and all but it sometimes is a bit
    scary going down those country roads at speed.
  5. lawlopez

lawlopez Member

I also have a 2001 ECHO now.
    I love that car. 2000 pounds and gets up to 80 MPH pretty fast. near 40 MPG.
  6. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Love those old toys too!

When I got rid of my 94 truck years ago, I pulled off my Western frame mount and wiring harness and stuck it in the shed. If things ever get real bad I know I'll be able to pick up an old Toy and count on it to make some money to keep food on the table!
  7. lawlopez

lawlopez Member

I was thinking about that 2003/2004 winter.
    I was out of work then and didn't have a plow.
  8. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

I'll never be without some type of pickup/plow truck just for that reason. Good Lord willing we'll always be able to make some $$ and keep food on the table...

If I wasn't at work on lunch break I'd ask you about that out of work programmer thing... IT is my day job, snow work is my winter work along with sub'bing for my best bud for his snow work.