1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

love the backup buddy

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by schoolboy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

Haven'y had enough snow to say so but the plow is on and so is the BUB really like the way it lights up . So glad I bought it.Thank you for a great product.

2. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Thank you for your purchase, we appreciate the feedback. Bring on the snow!!!

3. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

Which model did you get? and how much $ was it?

4. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

35 watt backups with the amber strobe. $219 I think, These are built like a tank and since its snowed I have backed it right into the snow bank, no worries just pulled the lites back out where I want them and the step is actually alot easier to use the a2" ball to get up in the bed of the truck.JMO but I think you'll be happy with anyone of them.

5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Will this work while your driving forward and just salting too. I'd like to get one

6. backupbuddy

How it works is you slide it into any 2" or 2 1/2" receiver, plug into your 7way on your truck. Thats it no wiring or tools needed. There are two 3 position switches on the back of the unit one powers the utility lights and one powers the strobe. Both the strobe and utility lights can be set to come on automatically in reverse or with your parking lights on can be set to stay on. Right now I leave mine in reverse mode so both come on automatically in reverse just because I feel when it is always in running mode people get lulled and don't pay attention to it, but when they get blasted with the light and strobe it seems to trigger them to pay attention. JMO.

Hope this helps if you need anymore info let me know.

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Everyone around here has one. infact I plow your neighbors driveway. i'm always looking over at that trailer drooling. it looks like you put out a great product!

8. backupbuddy

LOL! Thanks. Which business do you do?

9. mulcahy mowing

I used to do allot of sub work in the franklin/wrentham area. I'm plowing all resis for now I got beat out on my commercail bids this year, having to sub out salting is the killer for me. I see the trailer on treasure island rd often.

10. backupbuddy

That su**s about the commercials. who did you plow on my street?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  11. mulcahy mowing

A full time clients son, hes an as needed account calls me a few times a year i'm tryin to remeber i think its #49..don't want to put names out on the internet

12. backupbuddy

i here ya about putting names out. that # doesnt ring a bell. hopefully we get some more snow soon.