1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Love my new V-10 toy

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Smitty58, May 13, 2005.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I will have to add some pics later ,but I just bought a new truck. It is a 2005 F-350 single wheel 4x4 V-10. This thing is a monster! It has so much more power than the 5.4 V8 ,and for only $600 more sounded like a deal to me. The diesel's are great but I could not see spending another $5000 for it. I'm sure my gas mileage will suck ,but boy is it a blast to drive and I won't have to worry again about pulling whatever up a hill. I'm already looking at a plow to put on it ,I'll bet this baby will really push some snow. OK enough bragging ,I'll post a picture later. Any other V-10 owners out there?

2. PPP

PPP Member

You'll be Very Happy with it. I picked up my F-250 Super-Cab LWB truck two months ago and I still can't get over the fact it is as nimble as a Mustang. I am also looking to put a plow on it before winter. I got the automatic, and when this thing down shifts it's almost as if it was turbo charged. It's a very impressive engine and driveline combination. You should check out a web sight called Ford Truck Enthusiast for they have a lot of info on these trucks. Oh and the gas mileage should'nt be any worse then the v-8 10-12mpg is normal in any vehicle of this size.

3. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Love mine, would pull a mountain if they made a stong enough tow-strap :drinkup: