1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LOUD replacement motor!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ssprtman12, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ssprtman12

ssprtman12 Junior Member
    from MA

I just replaced the pump motor on an older (2004ish) 9' Fisher MM1 snow plow. After installing the new motor everything seemed to work but it seemed awfully loud when going through the plow motions. Just wondering if this is normal or if there is something to look into.

2. What is often times diagnosed as a motor problem isn't the motor at all. When was the last time you pulled the reservoir off the pump and cleaned it and the filter completely?

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

If it's the insta act, did you replace the bushing?

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Bingo!

The bushing in the valve block is likely junk.

5. Ramgto

Ramgto Junior Member

How do you split the motor away from the valve body? Does the pump have to be unbolted? My positive post is spinning and I broke a cover bolt trying to take it off. Probably easier to replace the motor at this point, looking pretty ratty on the inside. Having trouble taking the motor off though. Any suggestions would be great! Who did you get your motor from?

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

not know what plow you exactly have? if its a insta act pump take out the 2 bolts and tap it with a hammer doesn't get much simpler.

7. Ramgto

Ramgto Junior Member

Yeah its an insta act off a 7'6" rd. Couple whacks with the mallet and it broke free. Now to get the broken piece of one of the bolts out of the valve body...

8. Ramgto

Ramgto Junior Member

Thanks for the help!

9. jshocik

jshocik Member

Where is the bushing??

I'm planning to replace the motor on my Insta-act MMII, & after reading most of the posts about this, I want to replace the bushing while I have it apart. I've looked at Fisher exploded view parts chart, & there is no mention of a bushing. Could you please tell me where it is & how easy is it to replace? Thanks, John