1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loud noise

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MillerJoel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. MillerJoel

MillerJoel Member

When I have my plow in the air and goinng right to left it make bang noise. does anyone know what it could be

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Noises while angling are usually caused by the pivot bolt or pivot holes worn in either the nose plate on the A-frame, or the quadrant, or both. You might want to check into it as if it's worn, it will only get worse. You'll need to separate the quadrant from the A-frame to get a good look at the bolt and the pivot holes....

3. MillerJoel

MillerJoel Member

there is some slop in the pivet bolt I guess i should check it

4. MillerJoel

MillerJoel Member

If it is worn could you just sleve it or weld on a new one. and how hard is to seperate it from the blade. I have never don this i just bought this year used.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bang !

what kind of plow is it ? some operate with enough pressure they bang hard on the stops'

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure, they can be fixed either by welding the holes up and re drilling them, or cutting out the worn hole and replacing the steel and re drilling the hole. To remove the quadrant from the A-frame, you just remove the front pivot bolt from each of the angle cylinders and then just remove the main pivot bolt and slide the A-frame off the quadrant. If you want do an initial check, just remove the pivot bolt and look at the bolt (checking for wear) and look down through the pivot holes. You should be able to see any major wear as the holes wont be round like they should be..they'll be egg shaped.

7. MillerJoel

MillerJoel Member

It is lsx blade and unimount