1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loud going up and down...

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by CornerStoneProp, May 10, 2010.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I have the VX85 and ever since the hydrolic replacement under warranty for a defect, the up and down sounds like metal on metal screaching. I took all pins out and greased them and still have the same noise. I just moved it from one place in the driveway to a pallet and remembered how loud it is. Any ideas or should I just call the dealer...

Thanks,
    Chuck

PS I know it is the off season, but figured I should get it fixed before next season..

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

to the dealer with it. Use that Warranty:nod:

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I'd definitely take it in and probably get the lift cylinder looked at.

SM

4. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

the lift cylnder needs to have the nut removed and lub the top packing seal under the nut and retoqured ben there done it simple fix

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be, could be bent or have a broken ring.

6. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

I did this to all mine the seal is tight and dry making a noise they have ben fine since i did this some of the nuts are over toqured slightly i think and the seals are totaly dry when assmbled