1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loud front end

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snoluvr, Nov 8, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have an '03 f-250 supercab with the 5.4.. I tried before, but did not get anything that solved this problem..The front end of the truck started squeeking, loud..over every bump, getting in and out,, even start and stop moving in a drive-thru line..I have lubed everything with grease, wd-40, lithium with no results. I unhooked the shocks as the dealer told me ranchos squeek..no change..any ideas. tough to figure out where, as the whole undercarriage sounds squeeking.thanks
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Jack it up and check the ball joints. If it has a lot of time plowing or miles on it they may be worn out. It may even be a non-suspension part making the noise. Like an exhaust component rubbing ,a shroud or maybe a spring rubbing on the plow mount. Urethane sway bar bushings (after market) will squeak if they don't have enough grease in them.