1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loud electric horn needed

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Nov 10, 2013.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Guys,
    Anyone have real world experience with a loud electric horn , it is for my dump truck. I bought a wolo version claiming to be 142 dec. but its a joke. I don't have air so no need for air horn,
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. 512high

512high Senior Member

I bought a electric air horn from Whelen (same sound used in emergency vehicles) its called a whelen airhorn can be found sometimes on ebay, strobes n more, speaker sold separate, its loud , very loud! I have it mounted on our loader, hope this helps

3. xtreem3d

Thanks..Ill look it up. I have bought 2 different WOLO horns and they are POS

4. xtreem3d

does this use the control and a speaker?

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Get yourself a small portable air tank[they're very cheap],secure it somewhere on your frame and get a real air or better yet,a train horn.You can do this for app.what you'll have in to that Chinese electric toy.

6. 512high

512high Senior Member

Regarding whelen airhorn, you will need a 100 watt speaker, which you can find used on ebay, etc. and a simple pushbutton/horn button, if you go on youtube and put in Whelen airhorn things will come out so you can hear! good luck