1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lots of snow=Morons driving

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Why is it when it snows during the daytime, all these morons absolutely just have to go out and get in our way. Or they think "Hey I know I don't have 4-Wheel drive, dedicated snow/ice tires, GVW of 8000+lbs, but if he can do it so can I..." :nono: Can't tell you how many traffic jams I was tide up it just trying to go 4 miles to my next account, it took almost an hour :yow!:
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I think it is like the deer thing. When it snows it seems to confuse them and they do stupid things. People should take a lesson from the deer because a lot of deer get shot and die when it snows.
  3. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

I guess I could be considered one of those, since I don't have a plow (yet) and find myself out at odd times. But I typically have a legitimate excuse, i.e. work or something.

Even then, I tend to give the plow guys a wide berth to make it easier for them to get around. Both private and municipal.

Not all of us are :dizzy:

4. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Try living next to a ski resort with thousands of idiots pouring off the mountain all jazzed up on adrenaline and driving like they're still on the slopes!

The cops catch some of them in speed traps, but I sure wish a ticket cost them their season ski pass! :gunsfiring:

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

You are so right Bolts!!!!!!!! I was telling my wife today the same thing.
  6. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Yep they are everywhere. Here in columbus today I had some guy in Jeep cherokee about flip in front of me. He hit a berm of snow on the highway and lost control. He got it back under control The guy was right in front of me. I thought for sure I was going to t-bone him with the plow. My heart went to my stomach. Took me 45 minutes to get to one that normally takes 15 minutes to get to. The snow hit at the worst time. Rush Hour. Ahhhhhhh.
  7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Which ski area? Sugarbush? Mad River Glenn?. 15 years ago I'd get out of H.S. early and fly down 89 to Sugarbush before they closed :bluebounc . Obviously this was before lights.