1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lot pro problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Pit Crew, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Hey guys, need some help.I installed a lot pro 80 on a buddys new 2015 3500 ltz. The plow and wireing was taken off the old truck 2011 2500 by someone else. I had no instructions but it looked pretty much plug and play. Everything works except the turn signals with out the plow on. They blink about three times normally and then they start to blink fast. It throws a code on the computer screen saying problem with rear turn signal.Does it require a heavy duty flasher or is something else wrong? There is a blue wire in the plow harness that is in the engine compartment that was either cut by the guy that removed the plow or is a wire that was never used. Don`t know what its for, may be the problem.
    Open for sugestions, thanks,pit crew.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Park and turn lights need to be spliced into truck harness. Guessing you are using the Meyer modules, some of these have fuses of them. Also make sure plugs are correct, believe that truck is pos common. Install instruction can be downloaded from Meyer site.

3. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

This just has the plug and play harness, he pluged the plow in and tried the turn signal and they all blinked at the same time. Then he actually hooked the plow up and they blinked one ataab time like there suppose to. Ground problem? The lone wire we found out what its for, not needed.

4. kimber750

Is all the wiring completed? Does the plow work?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What do you mean plug and play? Did he splice into the parking and turn signal wires?

6. dieselss

Guess your not reading this thread then.

7. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

thanks guys, yes the wiring is done,it all works except for the turns do not work properly. They blink normal at first,three times maybe and then start blinking fast.
    With plow just pluged in to harness,all the turns start blinking at once, both plow and truck. then when you actually mount the plow the turns and lights on the plow quit working.
    The harness to me is plug and play, unplug lights from truck,plug in harness with matching harness plug to the head light. then take the other harness plug and plug into the the trucks wiring that you just unpluged from the head light. there then was the low beam disable module that pluged in to a rectangular box along with two other color coded plugs.There is no splicing to turns.
    hook up solinoid to battery and done.
    It goes in Friday to a local meyer dealer to find the problem. I hate to see him spend money if its something simple.
    Kimber, what do you mean by pos common? Thanks guys.

8. dieselss

He means, it's negative switched.
    So need to Ck to see if the lights are turned on by completing a gnd or pos.
    If there's no splicing for the parking and turn, how does the plowlights get parking and turn?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

according to the fit guides (well Snoway and boss didn't check them all) you can't use a 2011 headlight set up on trucks after 2014, the 2015 is a different adapter.

10. kimber750

Some of the Meyer harnesses do have plugs for turn and park. I have never installed one yet but they do exist.

11. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Thanks everybody,he stoped by the dealer on monday,a couple techs came out and looked at the truck. They saw nothing wrong. They checked and made sure the same harness would work on the new truck. They even offered to throw on a couple new modules to see if by chance they both were bad. So it goes in this morning to be fixed. I`ll be sure to post results. Really good friend, just didn`t want to see money spent that wasn`t needed. It`s probably something simple I over looked.
    I used a meyer for the last 18 yrs (same plow) but not this year...

20140317_182804.jpg

attachment.jpeg

12. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Sorry about the double pic,still learning how to post pics with the tablet..

13. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Basher guessed it, the plugs won`t work on the 15`. He even called to see if they would work and was told they would. Swaped the plugs,2 hours and $329.00 later he is good to go.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not guessing, Every 2015 install we've done has required a different adapter then the pre 15s, didn't see how Meyer could make the old one work.

15. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Meyer issued a TSB about this back in Sept. Also have to look out for the new 15 Dodge lights that are LED. Use different modules.