1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lot pro ez mount plus adjustment

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by saintsinner84, Mar 4, 2010.

1. saintsinner84

saintsinner84 Junior Member

OK so my problem is this, my 2006 3500 is sitting a little low when the plow is off the ground. so i was going to turn up the t-bars. but then i noticed that the a-frame is parallel to the ground when the plow is down. i do believe its supposed to be parallel for even wear on the cutting edge. so if i turn up the t-bars for a 2in lift i assume it will raise the truck side of the plow making my blade wear uneven. is there any way to fix this. i took a quick look under the truck but didn't see anything that would tell me it is possible. and supposing it is possible wont that just put the truck side back to where it is now. making the whole process of turning up the t-bars a waste of time.

sorry its so long.

2. saintsinner84

bump, anyone?

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

From the install PDF on the Meyer site it doesn't look like there is any adjustment.

4. saintsinner84

thats what i was worried about. is it going to make a big deal if the a frame isnt sitting level from front to back?

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Within an inch or 2 probably not a huge amount, I know my Snoway mount is supposed to be a max of 11" and it's at 13" with ballast and cranked torsion bars on stock tires. All I plow is gravel though so edge wear isn't a huge problem for me.

6. saintsinner84

is that the distance from the bottom of the mount to the ground.

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

To the center of the hole.

According to the install sheet for yours Meyer recommends 11 1/4" to the center of the lower mount hole.

8. saintsinner84

wow im pretty sure i dont have that much. looks alot lower. ill have to wait for my truck to come back from service to measure it. thanks.

9. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

Most of us Chevy guys do this and don't really worry too much. But if we do have an issue we cut the mount ears off weld a piece of square stock on and put the ears on top of that and gusset the stock to a frame to prevent "rollover ". Don't know if you can do this wit ex plus. But we've done it a lot for classics

10. saintsinner84

do you have any pics.

11. gamberbull13

Search big c,'s post he's got some pics up. I think the thread was called uneven wear edge or angle issue. Hope this helps

12. gamberbull13

He's one of my friends click on my profile to get to his

13. saintsinner84

thanks ill take a look

14. saintsinner84