1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lot Pro doesn't fully trip

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dlcs, Dec 19, 2013.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I bought a new 8' steel Lot Pro in 2011. I have never seen the plow fully trip yet. If you hit a curb, the plow will trip forward a little then just bounce over the object. My old Meyer CP-8 would fully trip and so does my Westerns. My dealer says that I haven't hit anythign hard enough to make it trip all the way but I know another dealer who has had several complaints like mine from its customers about the new Lot Pros not tripping all the way. The springs are even adjusted kind of loose. Any one else notice this with their lot Pros?

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

What you can do is disconnect the springs and see how far it will push over. If it gets stuck and won't trip even with the springs off, then there is obviously a design flaw -- either that, or the trip stops are just set up to keep it from tripping too far.

If it trips as you would expect with the springs off, then it is just a question of how much spring you have. If that unit has more than two springs, removing some (being sure to balance left to right) may get it to trip the way you like.

Note that a plow does NOT need to trip all the way flat for the trip to be effective. It really just needs to angle down far enough to ride over the obstruction.

3. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Dlcs this is normal. We have been making the transition ourselves from the old C / ST series plows to the new lot pro/drive pro plows. The older plows def. tripped much easier, but they were not built anywhere near as stout as these new plows. The lot pros moldboard does not need to trip as much as the older stuff to clear an obstruction. As long as you haven't broke anything I wouldn't worry about it to much. P.s. Our western pro plus 8 doesn't trip nearly as much as the old st and c plows. I would say the Lot pro and pro plus trip about the same amount for a given obstacle.