1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lot pricing ??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by groundbreakers, Dec 6, 2008.

1. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i know im gonna get chewed out for askin this for the millionth time ... but how do you guys bid on parking lots like Meijers parking lot versus a little doctors office ... by the total square feet or by how long it takes you to do it ... i have the bid on a lot which is pretty good size but its not a meijer parking lot size .... thanks ahead of time ...

2. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I don't go after those huge lots but I have a friend that does. He charges by the hour per truck, loader etc.....

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

first of try the search function...since it has been asked a million times i bet you can search for it....

what equipment do you have or are you going to use? how productive is that equipment? how long do you think it will take? what are you going to charge for said equipment?

so...

equipment cost x quanity of equipment x length of time you think it will take you = charge

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

thats kinda what i thought .... just didnt want to look like an idiot placing a low bid and undercutting what should have been charged ... thanks for the info ..

5. MRUSSELL

MRUSSELL Member

i had a buy that i know tell me the other day that he was putting in a bid at a brand new menards, i said wow i didn't even know you plowed and he said ya i just jot a used meyers 7 foot straight blade. i got up and said good luck with that and tried not to let him see me laugh as i walked away fro him