1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lot Price

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bskiball, Nov 16, 2009.

1. bskiball

bskiball Member

Got a call today and here is what they told me
    Lowed Lot
    They do all salting and all sidewalks
    All I have to do is push snow
    2" Trigger price doubled after 6 inches

I have a 12 foot backhoe that a (He is Reliable) friend will use. He has a old loader but would rather use his 75ish horse skidsteer which he will run either for 65/ hour.

The lot is about 6 to 6.5 acres

How long do you think it would take? I'm guessing 4 hour

This being said 4 hour @ 65/hr = 260.

I know I will be wasting a pusher on a lot without profits from salt but I curently have no work for the pusher and will not even have to go the property myself.

He is going to call tomarrow and let me know what they can offer.

What do you think is fair?

Lowes.jpg

2. Deco

Deco Senior Member

Are you subbing or contracted ? If your contracting , you'll be needing atleast a
    $ 6,000,000 .00 insurance policy , bonded to the high heavens , workmans comp, a few good men and a loader with a box plow . Then you have to wait 45-90 days to see any coin . Uncle Sam wants his share too. I'd sharpen my pencil before approaching them deep waters . There are hungry sharks in there. :waving:Nice picture!

3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I'd say your not going to make much coin!(jmo)