1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LOT Price

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by KC2LLW, Nov 21, 2008.

1. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

Is this a fare price for a parking lot size 180' X 60'
    I have a quote for:
    2"-4.5" $275
    5"-7.5" $400
    8"-12" $600
    Rock salt $150 extra

Thanks
    Steve

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

maybe if you have to fight off lions and bears or something just to get the job done.

thats only 10800sqft which would go for about $35-40 here in MI. salt would be about $25.

i would probably bid $50 for the lot and $35 for the salt

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

That seems incredibly expensive.
    That's only 10,000 square feet (1/4 of an acre)
    Without looking at the lot, but I would guess in the minimum range.

probably 15/20 minutes worth of work.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I think your price is a little FAR

thats pretty big money for a quarter acre

5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

idk what your market is like but here, you'd get laughed at and over looked.

6. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

Steve, are you located in NJ?

7. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

Ok I got this quote from my plow contractor who has been doing this lot for 5 years now he claims it is do to fuel and insurance 5 Million dollars worth, the lot is actually 200 X 60 I just measured it anyone in the NNJ ( Woodridge Lodi NJ) area area want to quote it?
    Thanks
    Steve

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

how much did you pay last year

9. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

I will check let me look it up

10. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

It sounds alittle expensive, But this is NJ. I have lots around that size alittle south of you in Monmouth County and my prices are about 5%-10% lower.

11. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ya your area makes all of the difference but it still sounds high. im in rochester, ny and a lot like that would go for 100.00 per trip max for 2-6" snow.

12. KC2LLW

KC2LLW Member

I just checked my invoices from last year and he is up about $25 I guess this is NJ and Bergen county. I would do it myself with my 54 CJ3B but don't think my jeep would keep up with the other cars on the highway.
    Steve

13. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

Redman, We don't invoice per push. We do total snow fall for a given storm. It is the same price if we go 1 time or 5. Say it is a 10" storm during business hours. We will do multiple pass and ice control apps. to keep the business as safe as possible. Our snow removal is then billed one price based on total inches. Ice control is billed per app. Our area of the contry has very high pricing for snow removal. We are signing up about 20% of our bids for our quoted prices. We can only take on alittle more this year. As long as our snowremoval routes are full, we'll keep our current pricing structure.

14. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

would be worth around $150 here, $75 to $150 in salt and plowed around 25 to 30 times a year.