1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lot price for the winter hourly or bid price

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mn-bob, Nov 4, 2013.

1. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

I am looking for help on 1 lot for the year hourly bid or quote for the year. no salt or sand .
    Thanks to all that respond . ussmileyflag

Robert

146.jpg

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Nice easy push. 1 1/2 - 2 hours max.
    Figure your costs add your profit margin. X that by how many storms you expect for the year.
    Being a commercial lot like that not sure why you are not adding salt but that's the way it goes I guess.

3. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Thanks I am trying The owner said not paying for salt or sand so i have that in my est for him to sign.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Make sure you get a liability waiver. One truck driver stepping out onto an ice patch and he will think twice about why he didn't want salt.

5. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Copy that .

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Will you have to carry snow from one end to the other to pile it? It looks like you will be carrying quite a bit rather than just pushing it in short turns.
    I'd say $80 per hour or $3700 a season..depending on the trigger and the average snowfall..

7. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Thanks to all who replied .
    Robert

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I can't see that taking even close to an hour but maybe the picture is deceiving. How many sq/ft is it?

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I'm with you JD, If that takes 1.5 to 2 hrs you don't know what the hell you're doing.

10. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I figured 30-35 minutes..as long as the snow can be piled close and doesn't need to be carried 170'. If it does, 50-60 minutes.

11. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Thanks to all who replied .