1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lot of 1995 Blazer Questions

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Tomas090, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Hope no one gets mad as I sort of have two posts going on this vehicle

1995 Full Size Blazer
    350 Auto

What are differences in Blazer and 1/2 Ton short bed? Suspension, gears or anything? Is it exact same frame

The "know it all" said something about when shifting into 4 wheel drive, you have to wait like 30 seconds before putting in drive? Are all transfer cases same for this year Blazer, I am used to 4 hi, 4 lo and 4 lock, have they changed

I ask this as a "expert" friend says you can't hang 7.5 Fisher on Blazer as it will "end up in ditch if you try to drive with plow on in 4 wheel drive?"

Is there a lighter 7 footer available that will fit this truck/frame? Will Homesteader attach, not that I want to use one but I keep getting told Blazer front end is weaker than P/U

We put frame for 7.5 Fisher on Blazer

What actual blades will attach (Mould board you call it?)

Is the standard 7.5 too heavy?

We have the "option" o cobbling together some old equipment, belt drive pumps etc

How about a electric pump. What would we need to buy? Pump, valving, controls? Any idea on cost or where to buy

We are close to the yard in Green Maine several people have mentioned

This is first plow I have hooked up since 1978 and the truck mount part looks like a toy compared to what they used in 1978

Anyone in Southern Maine have a 7 foot blade for sale?

Any and all information greatly appreciated, overload me with info if you can

many thanks in advance

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1/2 ton trucks and Blazers/Tahoe/Yukons are basically the same. The Blazer may have a front axle weight rating slighty less than a 1/2 ton truck but other than that they're the same frame design, axles, suspension, drivetrain etc.

Sounds like your know it all doesn't know it all. Once the 4X4 light illuminates steady your ready to go. You only have one Lo position...no "Loc" position like the old full time stuff your probably thinking of.

If this is the same know it all, he's still lying to you. Any plow recommended for a 1/2 truck will generally be fine on a Blazer.

Depends on what the specific FAWR is on your Blazer but most 1/2 trucks will accept a 7.6 SD/RD and some will take a 7.6 HD. A few minor suspension upgrades may be needed (Timbrens for example) to make the truck much more "comfortable" with carrying the plow weight.

3. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Isn't the running gear/axles in Blazer same as 1/2 ton P/U?

Anyone have any experience mounting the belt driven pump on 350 Blazer with ABS, not much room?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely, they're exactly the same just like I previously mentioned. It's the GVWR thats usually different and will dictate which plow is "appropriate" for the specific application.