1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost the shoes on my Eagle plow 1st time out!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Steelworker, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Steelworker

Steelworker Junior Member

The title says it all. Went to plow neighbor's driveway, plowed it out no problem. When I got back in my shop, I looked and saw that both of the shoes were gone! Thats BS!:realmad::realmad:
  2. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

do you plow any gravel if not their useless
  3. Steelworker

yes. her driveway is gravel and so is mine. i'm just suprised that they came off on the first use.
  4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

best way to find them would be due the next snow fall with a nice and new snow blower,

you'll find em that way for sure.

though that method is a little abusive to the snow blower.

wait till spring and take a walk through the yard hope that they are there.

I have lost mine a time or 2 and find them 2 months later during the spring melt.

Now I have a collection of 4 due to getting spare's.

sublime out.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I plow mostly my lawn with my ATV and I don't use shoes. ATV plows are lite enough you don't need them.
  6. Steelworker

A friend of mine has a metal detector. Think I'm going to borrow that and go look for them. When they go back on, I dont believe I will be using the flimsy little clips that came with the plow.
  7. Mnflyboy

Mnflyboy Junior Member

Lost one of mine on my moose plow last winter....put the quick pin on upside down. Borrowed the ol mans metal detector and found the shoe and all the spacers within 6'... in a straight line. Make sure those quick pins are put on right or they'll fall right off with little effort.

8. Outty330

Outty330 Member

Yup been there lost mine last winter didnt find them until spring when the snow melted so now I have 2 sets and use coter pins.
  9. Steelworker

Found 1 of them! Offered the neighbor kid $10 if he can find the other one. hehe
  10. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Yea, when I got my first Eagle a few years back, I thought the ring on the lynch pin could come open and let the pin fall out. So, I bought some wide, thin SS flat washers and kept adding them to the top until the pin had a hard time getting into the hole (tap in with a hammer)... and therefore... a hard time coming out. For good measure, I added a zip tie over the ring and around the pin.

Haven't lost a skid in 3 years. :D

EDIT: On a positive note, Eagle just came out with an Electric Turn System for any of their existing plow systems. Guess I know what Santa is getting me next year. LOL
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  11. Steelworker

DaveT> that sounds like a good plan. I will try that out.
  12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

it's not too late to go Christmas shopping for THIS year. :D

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i dont use them on gravel, just pick the blade up a little and start a base then just scrape it down as needed imo
  14. tbirdage

tbirdage Junior Member
    from WV

I did the same thing last Christmas after installing dad's new Eagle plow. Of course dear ole dad wanted them replaced so i spent around $10 and ordered them. He didn't even put them back on after they showed up in the mailbox.
  15. Steelworker

UPDATE: The snow is all gone, and the neighbor kid is $10 richer today.
  16. irv

irv Senior Member

yeah . no fun up here either. all i can do is polish on the rubicon.--irv